Friday, May 9, 2008

Video #3 6:34 AM




This is what my mornings are like. These dogs are my alarm clock, and they determine the time I wake up. They start trying to wake me around 5AM, and continue trying, well, all day. And they always win, but the time I choose to wake up (a.k.a GIVE UP ON THE LOVELINESS THAT IS SLEEP) depends on my level of exhausted-ness, or the exact placement of my earplugs, or the amount of rage inside of me that day for them.

This morning it was 6:34am. Now please keep in mind that I work a night shift, and don't get to bed until 1:00am or 2:00am, depending on the night. So 6:34am is only 4 or 5 hours into my 8 hours of sleep.

I wish I had time to take a video EVERY TIME they barked, but if I aimed for that goal I would never have time to get ready, I wouldn't make it to work, I would run out of money, my house would be foreclosed on, and I would be forced to move somewhere quieter...wait a minute.... This video is actually a good example of how every time I think they have finally shut up they start right back up again.

So basically, my rule is when the barking has gotten to the point when I think "THAT'S IT - WHERE IS THE BENADRYL SO I CAN WRAP IT IN BACON AND HURL IT OVER THAT FENCE," that is when I grab the camera. Because I don't have bacon...because I love animals...most animals. And also because it's truly not the dogs' fault, it's the owner's fault. Not once have I seen these dogs walked, or hear anyone give them any sort of attention or exercise. They're barking because they're bored and lonely and isolated.

No comments: